Breast augmentation surgery boosts self-esteem for many women, it has the power to satisfy women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures. Numerous women have reported that breast augmentation and reconstruction patients are satisfied with their results.
Breast augmentation or also known as augmentation mammaplasty, breast enlargement or breast implants are used to enlarge the size of the individual’s breast(s) by using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer which is referred to as fat transfer breast augmentation or autologous fat transfer.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) breast augmentation is still very popular and is up 31 percent from 2000.
Things you should consider before getting a breast augmentation:
• Implants don’t last forever and your first surgery probably won’t be your last, you will need another surgery after 10 years or so depending on factors that could lead to the patient having surgery sooner
• Research products, there are different types of implants
• Communicate with the surgeon, make sure to talk about previous surgeries and any questions you have about how the implants might affect your life in the future
Benefits of breast augmentation:
• Will help to improve breast shape and size
• Can give women a more proportional shape and enhanced figure
• May improve self-esteem and give a higher level of confidence
• Any changes that happened during pregnancy, breast feeding or weight loss can be corrected
Please schedule your consultation with Dr. Mark Haugrud to learn more!